This policy applies to all Members, Partners and other Third parties who use the Lieuten Green Movement email system.
It applies no matter where that email takes place: on Organizations’ premises, while travelling for business, or while working from home.
It applies to use of the Organizations’ email service on any device, whether owned by the Organization or otherwise
Acceptable Email Use
Use of email by Members of Lieuten Green Movement is permitted and encouraged where such use supports the goals and objectives of the Organization.
However, Lieuten Green Movement has a policy for the use of email whereby the Members must ensure that they:
1. Comply with current legislation
2. Use email in an acceptable way
3. Do not create unnecessary risk to the Organization by their misuse
Unacceptable Email Activities
The following behaviors by a Member is considered unacceptable:
1. Use of Organization communications systems to set up personal businesses or send chain letters
2. Sending unsolicited email messages, including the sending of “junk mail” or other advertising material to individuals who did not specifically request such material, also known as email Spam. Official marketing-specific email messages are exempt.
3. Forwarding of Organization confidential messages to external locations
4. Distributing, disseminating or storing images, text or materials that might be considered indecent, pornographic, obscene or illegal
5. Distributing, disseminating or storing images, text or materials that might be considered discriminatory, offensive or abusive, in that the context is a personal attack, sexist or racist, or might be considered as harassment
6. Accessing copyrighted information in a way that violates the copyright
7. Breaking into the Organization’s or another Organization’s system or unauthorized use of a password/mailbox
8. Broadcasting unsolicited personal views on social, political, religious or other non-business related matters
9. Undertaking deliberate activities that waste staff effort or networked resources
10. Introducing any form of computer virus or malware into the corporate network through email
1. The Organization’s email resources are provided for Organization business purposes only. Therefore, Lieuten Green Movement maintains the right to examine any systems and inspect any data recorded in those systems.
2. In order to ensure compliance with this policy, the Organization also reserves the right to use monitoring software in order to check upon the use and content of emails.
Where it is believed that a Member has failed to comply with this policy, they will face the Organization’s disciplinary procedure. If the employee is found to have breached the policy, they will face a disciplinary penalty ranging from a verbal warning to dismissal. The actual penalty applied will depend on factors such as the seriousness of the breach and the Member’s disciplinary record.
All Organization’s Members who have been granted the right to use the Organization’s email services confirm their understanding and acceptance of this policy.
All emails sent from Lieuten Green Movement domain are confidential and are ONLY intended for individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secured or error-free, as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of the message, which arise because of e-mail transmission.
Any opinion or other information in e-mail or its attachments that does not relate to the business of the Lieuten Green Movement is personal to the sender and is not given or endorsed by the Lieuten Green Movement.